Wednesday 5 January 2011

A new book


Just a few lines today. Some Gilbert Society business coming which I will have to deal with tomorrow. I have started reading a new critical analysis of the G&S operas by Carolyn Williams which looks extremely meaty and thought-provoking so far. A little "down" today, as I often am; but that will pass. I am aware that no one is reading this blog; but as I am not telling anyone about it, this is not surprising. Maybe people will start to notice it, maybe not. I'm not bothered either way, as I'm very aware that the last couple of entries have not been scintillating, or especially coherent. To take the curse off today's entry, I include a scan of a drawing by Gilbert, from his illustrations for his father's story "King George's Middy."

No comments:

Post a Comment